Monday, June 11, 2012

"Quotes Kept Close"


Digging through a pile of old stuff the other day and I came across a notebook that I titled, “Quotes Kept Close” and instantly starting browsing through the pages. I wrote down quotes from movies, books, friends, love interests, lovies and so on. Here are some of my favorite: 
“Love should be given freely” – Desmond Tutu
“How weightless words are when nothing will do” Philip Levine 
“But he reached for her hand and she reached for his hand and they leaped out the window, holding hands” – Brian Doyle (9/11)
“Me – what do you want to do tonight? Alex – have so much fun!” hehe
“Style alone constitutes a writers biography” – Gail Sher
“Sometimes I like to just sit by myself and think” – Friend, Abby Reid :)  
“Once all of your tears dry, let your troubles roll by” – Carbon Leaf song
“City life: millions of people being lonely together” – Thoreau
“When I’m with you the world feels bigger and better” – Mike (bf) I love that my 20 yr old heart wanted to keep this quote close.. :)
“Pretty girls shouldn’t have to open doors” – Dave (boy) I’m sure this made my heart swell!
“Should I have slept with him” – L (friend) LOVE this because who else should you have to ask that question to besides yourself!? haha College years, gotta love them.
“Every phase in life is enjoyable because you’re in it” – My Mom! :)
“I’ll walk away with you, we can hold hands” – Me to L. Friendship matters when love is failing.
“No matter where the mind goes, the heart always remembers” – Me to myself. Da and Alzheimers.
“I”m grumpy. My computer isn’t working and I’ve got the hiccups.” – Jackie
“I spoke Hebrew to them and they got boners” – Stacy – no idea what this is from but I laughhh. haha
“The sky is the hemline to heaven” – From the novel, “Loving Frank”.
“What Lyndsey was trying to say to me before, while she was trying to flatter me. Well, I could say the same about you, you don’t realize how great you are.” – Michael T. Such a sweet and clear memory for me.
“If you worry about all the what-if’s, you’ll miss all the could-be’s.” – Andy (bf)
“The most important decision a person will ever make is choosing the right person to spend the rest of their life with.” – Mom
“Wow, look at the waterfalls (on the side of the highway), it’s like we’re in the rain forest!” – Mattie
“To have faith is to believe unconditionally” – The Four Agreements (novel) 
This post has reignited my interest is quote keeping. I think I’ll pull out this little notebook for good.

No comments: