Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to Reality and to my Tiny Little Blog

I am out of hibernation! Yet would do anything to climb back into my little den and not come out until Spring. I took the last two weeks off from work and quite literally did not lift a finger, not even to blog. Not to say things weren't crazy and hectic but I did not do anything forcibly and have decided that that is how I wish to live my life. I mean who really needs work? Those bills, they are JUST paper and with a quick toss they could be flung into the trash... OK SNAP OUT OF IT! Ugh Mondays after vacation are the worst, (almost as bad as waking up in a puddle of your own drool as I unfortunately did this morning). Nonetheless I was woken by my own impermeable biological clock and then soon after forced to reconcile with my even more impermeable alarm clock that went off at 6:30 AM. Once my feet touched the floor I knew there would be no going back- or so I thought. After taking a freezing cold shower and then walking into a freezing cold hallway I decided my not so freezing bed would be a perfect spot to warm up. So I gave myself 10 extra minutes of bed time this morning and I have to say without it I do not think I would have had the energy and patience to deal with my commute to work. Apparently the incessant taps up against the windows last night wasn't actually rain but God deciding he would make things a bit more adventurous and hazordous for us all who take the "heel toe express" to work. He gifted us with freezing ice that made my walk to the train more of a anxious glide. I braced myself for what I thought would be the inevitable fall but luckily and somewhat smuggly got though the voyage without creating any sort of embarassing scene (so unlike me) - yippee!


Anyways, a lot has happened in my absence.

  • For one its a new year, 2009!



  • I am now a brunette and pretty happy about the overall look. However, I was lightly accused of not staying true to my blogger identity as a "BlondeBookworm" and for some reason "BrunetteBookworm" just doesn't have the same ring to it, with time and a bit more caffeine in my system I will think of someway to solve this worldwide kataklystic problem :)
  • I have been able to prove to family and friends that my boyfriend does exist and is not a figment of my imagination. I have dragged him along on almost any family event I could and I get to continue this task for TWO MORE WEEKS!!
  • Plans for a trip to Mexico with my sister, cousin and this girl we like to call "Poca" have been made and our excitement is followed by the dread of knowing bathing suits must be worn. Hence the power bar and apple that I had for lunch today - :(
These are just a few things to catch up on but of course I have been up to a lot the past couple weeks and two of my favorite trips were 1.) To see the movie Slumdog Millionaire and 2.) To see an exhibit of photography at the Museum of Fine Arts.



This movie is a MUST. It is probably the best movie I have seen since I saw "The Visitor" last year. It is heart-felt and heart-racing throughout the entire movie. The character development is superb while the good guys gradually become even better and the bad guys gradually become even worse. It is truly a beautiful movie that makes you want to do A. Lead an exciting life B. Go on and kick ass at Who Wants to be a Millionaire C. Learn how to dance Bollywood style.



The exhibit we saw at the Museum can be found here, http://www.mfa.org/exhibitions/index.asp?key=894. It pretty much speaks for itself - mesmerizing.

Well now that I have done a quick recap I am off to finish some work!






2 comments:

Heather said...

I saw that movie this weekend, and I thought it was great. I really enjoyed it! I just discovered your blog, and I love it. Have a good Monday. Heather from grace303.blogspot.com

Miss_Nobody said...

hey,im checking back again lol i loved your blog so much im digging through your old posts :D its the sweetest i have come across :D
I'm glad you loved the movie...it was fantabulous eh? i loved it too!
-sweta